About Me



    My name is Mark Rosiek and I am a digital marketer.  I have earned a bachelors degree in marketing from Eastern Michigan University and am nearing completion of my MBA, also in marketing.  My desire to go into this field was sparked at a young age.  I was heavily involved in the Boy Scouts for much of my youth.  In that time, there was a lot of leadership roles taken, public speaking performed, times camped and fires lit, but my favorite time of the year, was always the fall and going into winter. That was popcorn selling season.  I couldn't get enough of going door to door, or even standing outside of local stores and malls and speaking to random strangers about why Boy Scout popcorn was exactly what they needed.  Even at a young age I was tenacious, regularly I would be the top selling scout in the state and often was in the top ten in the country.  At the time, I never understood why I loved it so much, but I really think it was just speaking to people about why the product was better than anything else out there.

     Since that time, I discovered that service is just sort of in my blood.  I decided to serve in the United States Army as a Paratrooper and a Cavalry Scout.  There, I was in the 82nd Airborne Division for several years and I loved every second of it.  I spent time in both Iraq and Afghanistan with some of the most interesting people I have ever met.  On top of that, I excelled and was placed in a leadership role, Sergeant (Team Leader).  At any given point in time, I was responsible for several soldiers.  The best part of that, to me, was trying to mold them to become the next generation of leaders.  Regularly, I would mentor them with blocks of instructions on how to be better at their jobs and also on how to lead one another.  Part of that was to help these soldiers determine their goals for the future, and to help them map out the most productive paths to get there.  My favorite part was watching those soldiers accomplish whatever they set out to achieve.

     In my time out of the army, I excelled in school and was introduced to the realm of digital marketing.  I found the capabilities of this to be amazing, particularly the ability to target the right user, with the right message at exactly the right time combined with the fact that there are so many metrics available for tracking the message.  You could say I fell in love with the subject.  I have experience in social media managing and content creation in the forms of visual ads, webinars production and blog posts.  Additionally, I have a great deal of experience working with both Google Ads and Analytics.  I would love to be able to bring my skills to a marketing team in South Eastern Michigan, and I would love to have a discussion on how we can be a good fit for one another!

Comments